10 Wedding Day Makeup Don'ts
1, Have your make-up trial done anywhere with overhead fluorescent lighting. Instead opt for makeup either done in front of a sunny window or in front of professional makeup lights with a daylight setting.
2. Let a make-up artist hijack your look. On your wedding day you want your guests to recognize you, not ask who is that as you are walking down the aisle.
3. Pack it on it on. It’s a total myth that your make-up has to be plastered on for the photographs.
4. Go for anything too trendy. It’s worth bearing in mind that you’ll have to live with photos from your wedding for the rest of your life, so it’s best to avoid statement looks and opt for something more classic.
5. Be scared of going a bit brighter. Neutral, brown, and pale lip colors can look washed out in photographs, so choose a lipstick that’s one or two shades brighter than what you would normally wear. Pinks, roses and plums are all great, classic choices for brides.
6. Forget to bring the makeup down your neck and chest, this will ensure you face is not a different color or even texture to your body. Everything should look uniform to create the most natural look possible.
7. Forget to purchase your wedding lipstick, lipliner and blush. You will have people kissing you and putting their face to yours all day, blush can wear off, make sure you have a little maintenance kit to touch up.
8. Go too dark on the eyes or use too much black eyeliner. Define your eyes by applying color in the crease, but avoid using a shade that’s too dense, as it can detract from the eyes themselves,
9. Go too glossy or too matte. It’s best to avoid lipsticks at either end of the texture scale; too glossy and they’ll only last five minutes whilst too matte and they may leave your lips dry and cakey by the time it’s the moment to kiss your groom. A satin lipstick works best, layer it and blot in between.
10. Rush. Allow at least 45 minutes to an hour for make-up application on the wedding day and if the makeup artist recommends bringing an assistant to ensure everyone is ready on time, it is worth the splurge.
for brides who can't use us for whatever reason.
#njweddingmakeupartist #weddingmakeupartist #NJWeddingMakeup #specialeventmakeup #professionalmakeupartisttips #airbrushmakeup #newjerseybrides #bride #bridalmakeuptips #Bridalmakeup #weddingmakeupdonts