Winter is approaching. Battling the snow and wind of the Northeast, we all suffer from chapped winter lips. Chapped lips can be uncomfortable and sometimes painful and let’s be real, it isn’t pleasant to look at either. Licking your lips can cause them to become drier and start cracking.
Right before you sleep exfoliate your lips by gently rubbing your toothbrush on your lips to remove any dead skin cells. By removing the dead skin it will allow the moisturizer to easily hydrate your lips. Rub your toothbrush in a circular motion and then reverse. If you have extremely dry lips or you prefer to not use your toothbrush here is a DIY to create a gentle exfoliator.
Mix ½ tsp. of olive oil
2 tbsp. of sugar or brown sugar
1 tsp of honey in a small bowl until you see a gritty texture.
Add more sugar if you feel like you need more grit.
Place a small amount of the mixture on your fingers and rub in a circular motion, rinse with warm water and repeat as necessary. If you feel like some of the dry skin is being stubborn, do not peel or pick the skin, as it will cause your lips to bleed and remove unnecessary layers. Just moisturize and try again the next evening.
After exfoliating, apply a lip moisturizer liberally. Allow your lips to absorb the product throughout the night. Here are some of my favorite organic remedy's. If you are allergic to any of these products, do not use them on your lips.
1) Coconut oil is a great remedy for treating chapped lips naturally. Smear a tiny amount of coconut oil on your lips several times daily.
2) Aloe Vera works as an effective healing agent for our skin,
including lips. Put a small amount of Aloe Vera gel on your lips daily to cure chapped lips.
3) Soak a few rose petals in little water for few minutes. Crush them and add a drop of glycerin. Apply it on your lips every night before going to bed. It will help you to prevent darkening of lips due to dryness and restores the lost moister of your lips.
4) Applying a drop of castor oil on your dry lips can heal the cracks and make them smooth. Castor oil can also improve the color of lips on regular use.
5) Honey is a great moisturizer. Rub some honey to your chapped lips to heal them fast and to moisturize them.
Great looking lips deserve great looking lip color. Let us pick our your perfect lip color to show off those gorgeous lips! Call us to set up a convenient time for you to stop in!