The right side has liner and blush added
Summer in NJ is often hot and humid. Putting on a full face of makeup on those days can feel like a mask or a chore. Many of my regular clients come to see me seasonally and we adjust their makeup accordingly, rich berries and a smoky eye for fall, a pop of color for spring and something light and easy for summer bronze glow.
This 5 minute makeup is the perfect makeup application for hot, hazy NJ summers and will leave you looking cool & perfectly put together!
1. Start with a tinted moisturizer - my clients love my mineral sheer tint that also has an SPF20, as well as anti-oxidants, vitamins and minerals. Add concealer if needed.
2. Powder - using a luminescent powder keeps your skin looking dewy and moist while setting your makeup and allowing your bronzer to glide on flawlessly.
3. Bronzer - bronze your cheeks forehead and down the sides of your nose (this is a great contouring technique as well). Also swipe the bronzer on the bone of your eye for instant eye-shadow.
4. Brows - fill in your brows using a powder or brow pencil - you do not want to do a gel with this look - it will be too made up and heavy looking.
5. Mascara & Liner (optional) . A coat of mascara - waterproof for those really hot days is. Do not pile on the mascara - this is supposed to be a soft, easy-breezy summer look. Optional - line just the outer corners of your eyes for a soft pop - stick with a neutral color for you - brown is NOT neutral on everyone. See above photo for with and without liner.
6. Gloss - add a gloss - you can do anything from a sheer pop of color to a nude.
7. Blush (optional) - if you are doing a nude lip you can skip this step, however if you are doing a sheer (sheer being the operative word here) pop of color - use the same color blush lightly applied just on the cheek bone.
There you have it - this entire look once mastered should take about 5 minutes and have you looking (and feeling) light and summery!
If you would like to schedule a 5 minute makeup lesson appointment and learn how to do this for yourself, please contact me!